Public Health is about helping people to stay healthy and avoid getting ill and work on a range of range of policy areas including:
- healthy eating
- tobacco and alcohol
- drugs recovery
- sexual health
- children’s health
Public Health Warwickshire:
- monitors the health of Warwickshire residents
- identifies their health needs
- plans for health emergencies
- controls communicable diseases
- runs immunisation and vaccination programmes
- screens for early disease
Most importantly, Public Health Warwickshire is about preventing illness and promoting health to reduce the need for hospital or long term health care.
Visit publichealth.warwickshire.gov.uk/ to find out more.